This semester I had the ride of my life and I think I can pass go and collect my New Media Drivers License. In January I enrolled in a class that at Michigan State University which was taught under the instruction of Derek Mehraban who happens to be the leader of Ingenex Digital Marketing. Initially I enrolled in the course because I was hearing all the talk about new media…. and well I felt a bit pressured to hop on the digital buss to see what all the buzz was about.
This course was very insightful. I have learned more about digital communication and new media than I could have ever imagined. I loved the course because it was unique unlike any other course that I have taken at MSU.
The highlights of the course included…..
- Blogging. Weekly assignments consisted of blog entries. Through these entries I shared new things I learned while also expressing myself. Blogs are a great way to share any type of information with others. It’s simple and creative.
- Socail Networks. Facebook, Linkedin, Digg and Twitter were also included in the course work. These sites showed me that you can market yourself to one the best audiences…your friends and other individuals that you already associate with in your very own personal networks.
- Google. Google is the best search engine and an even greater company that is beneficial for many other things as well. I became more familiar with the products that Google offers and my life did become that much more simple. The tools such as Gmail, Goggle Calendar and Google Docs are just that great and very user friendly making them love at first sight.
To conclude the course I have a presentation that I plan to share with my fellow New Media Drivers License recipients. The presentation will include,
- my motivation of enrolling this course
- pros and cons about the course
- my new discoveries about online technology, social networks, and other digital tools
- weekly blog entries
- independent study track
- future roads of the New Media Drivers Licence
Are you ready for the best (digital) ride of your life?!